Beautiful, mostly wooded 67-acre tract with scenic views, rolling hills, timber, pond, natural grotto, wildlife, newer custom-built 4-bedroom, 4 bath reverse 1.5 story home, 3-car garage, metal outbuilding, detached 2-car garage & much more!
HISTORY OF THE TIFFANY SPRINGS AREA
In the book entitled “Healing Waters: Missouri’s Historic Mineral Springs and Spas,” by Loring Bullard of Springfield. Bullard spotlights at least 120 of the more prominent mineral springs and wells in 58 counties across Missouri. According to Bullard, the area was known as Artesian Springs in 1888, when Mortimer Parks owned the springs and surrounding land. By 1890, the area had also come to be known as Crystal Springs. An early photograph shows Crystal Springs flowing from a shady glen traversed by a narrow walkway. Promoters claimed the spring benefited rheumatism, constipation and sore eyes. Visitors at that time saw only a few private residences near the spring. Sometime later, the property sold to Dr. Flavel Tiffany of Kansas City, who intended to launch a health resort. Tiffany was apparently very wealthy, living in a mansion at 25th and Troost. A 1907 plat of Tiffany Springs included a large hotel depicted in the center of town, with bathhouses and a golf course nearby. But these were never built, and the town never grew beyond a handful of homes, a store and a blacksmith shop. The area is still known as Tiffany Springs today and the name lives on in several residential and commercial developments.
Conveniently located just north of Zona Rosa/MO-152 and south of the Kansas City International Airport, this close-in acreage offers peaceful country living with all city amenities just minutes away. The property is also located within the city limits of Kansas City, Platte County, Missouri and is in the award-winning Park Hill School District.
This newer custom-built, 4 bedroom, 4 bath, reverse 1.5 story home offers a total of 5200 sq. ft. m/l of finished living area including the main floor and finished walk-out lower levels. The main floor features custom finishes, moldings, wood floors, tray ceilings, chef’s kitchen with gas range, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinetry, breakfast bar and eating area, living room, dining room, first floor master suite, two additional bedrooms, mud room, 3 car garage and more. The finished walkout lower level features a large en-suite with sitting room, large family/rec. room, suspended slab bonus room, hobby/garden room, storm shelter/wine cellar, mechanical room, storage room, etc. Other features include premium log siding, aggregate covered steel roof, whole house audio, tankless hot water heaters, high-efficiency gas furnace with whole house air cleaning and much more!
The 32×29 metal outbuilding with lean-to is the perfect size for indoor and outdoor storage of your tractors, equipment, recreational vehicles, supplies, etc. There is also a 32×24 detached two-car garage on the property for overflow space, so you can keep your main 3-car garage clean and organized.
This gorgeous, mostly wooded 67-acre parcel is both private and picturesque and offers close-in country living with restaurants, shopping, entertainment, hospitals, airport, etc. only a few minutes away. The property features scenic views, rolling hills, hardwood timber, pasture, natural springs/grotto, wildlife, backs to Rush creek and is a perfect country retreat in the city.
We are honored to bring Ralph and Loretta Bunnell’s outstanding estate property and furnishings to the market for the very first time. The Bunnell’s purchased the property in 1951 and until their recent passing loved their piece of paradise in the country, enjoyed raising Hereford cattle, breeding their Brittany Spaniels, collecting antiques and much more. Interestingly Loretta was also an auctioneer and conducted estates sales throughout the area. We are privileged to offer their real estate and personal property assets to the highest bidder with NO RESERVE at public auction. Proceeds will benefit several local charities. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to bid your price. We look forward to your participation in the auction.
- 67.17 acres m/l
- Reverse 1.5 story home built in 2010
- 5,200 sq. ft. total finished living area
- 2,244 sq. ft. finished living area above grade
- 2,961 sq. ft. finished living area lower level
- 4 bedrooms; 3 full baths, 2 half baths
- 3-car attached garage
- 32×29 metal outbuilding with lean-to
- 32×24 detached 2-car garage
- True one-level living
- 1-year home warranty included
- No reserve auction
- Open houses: Sundays, March 4, 11 & 18, 2-4 pm
- Live/online auction: March 23, 2018, 1:00 pm
- Online bidding open now through the auction date
- City of Kansas City
- Platte County, Missouri
- Park Hill School District
- 2017 Real estate taxes $6,287
NEW TO AUCTION? 5 Quick Tips:
- Research the property and auction terms at www.CatesAuction.com. Be sure to download the “Property Information Package.”
- Attend an open house event to tour the property and talk with auction representatives.
- Ask questions. Call 816-781-1134 or email [email protected]. We’re happy to help!
- Bid online. For your convenience online bidding is open and you can bid online at any time day or night in almost any location with an internet connection.
- Bid live. For your convenience, you can also bid onsite or online during the live auction event. Be prepared to bid and win by registering for the auction, having your finances in order and your earnest money deposit ready. Please call us with any questions.