Hills Hunting Land Auction
Location: County Road 490E, Mt. Sterling, IL
The Joe Hills Family Farm is ideally located approximately 3 miles southwest of Mt. Sterling, Illinois in Brown County. The farm is further described as being located in Section 23 of Lee Township. From Mt. Sterling take Hwy. 24 west approximately 2 1/2 miles. Turn south on Co. Rd. 420E & go 1 mile before turning left, or east, on Co. Rd. 925N. Go east a short 1/2 mile before turning south on Co. Rd. 490E. Proceed south a short distance to the farm, which is located on both sides of the county road.
This listing posted on 10-3-19, for more photos and updates CLICK HERE.
- This farm “has it all” in regards to Western Illinois wildlife habitat. Mr. Hills has not hunted in many years. The Hills family has used this farm for family get-togethers and recreation. The farm is in outstanding condition. Well-maintained trails and paths run throughout most of the farm. There are hay fields & food plot areas along with significant marketable timber, as well as a newly constructed 5± acre lake. This farm also has a cabin that is located on top of a bluff with manicured “park-like” grounds. The cabin area has excellent access by way of a well-maintained graveled drive. You really need to see this farm as properties like this do not come up for auction everyday. This farm has been in the Hills family for many years.
Tract 1 – 18.50 Surveyed acres
- Hard to find small recreational tract that “has it all”. Berm-style cabin with electric service & water provided by a deep well. The cabin sits on a bluff that has a manicured park-like setting. Beautiful mature hardwood timber, well-maintained graveled drive, detached storage building suitable for food plot and acreage equipment. This tract also has areas suitable for food plots. Make plans to attend the open house on Saturday, October 5th from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. or contact the auction company for a private showing of this awesome property!
Tract 2 – 88.70 Surveyed acres
- The Hills family has owned parts of this farm for decades, although rarely hunted, this farm is without a doubt one of the best quality hunting properties that Sullivan Auctioneers has had the opportunity to sell. It appears this tract has a very “significant” amount of marketable hardwood timber. The Hills family has never allowed any logs to be removed from this farm. The hills & ridges are covered with big, tall, straight oak trees with the valleys & creek bottoms having many walnut trees. The tillable areas on the farm have not been row cropped for many years and have only been used as food plots. Joe Hills recently decided to construct a large pond or small lake near the center of this tract. The pond construction is nearing completion. This tract not only has good access along the entire east side, but also access along the south and a series of well-maintained interior roads and food plot access trails. If you are looking for a premier wildlife habitat farm we strongly encourage you to take a look at the Hills family farm. Sullivan Auctioneers will have a representative at the farm for an open house on Saturday, October 5th from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. See you there! Interested parties can view the farm at another time only after contacting the auction company. The Hills family has requested that no one be on the farm unannounced.
Method & Terms
- The Hills farm will be sold in 2 individual tracts, both of which have recently been surveyed. Both tracts will sell on a price per acre basis, based on the new surveyed acres. Both tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “buyer’s choice”, whereas the high bidder can elect either or both tracts for their high bid. If the high bidder does not elect both tracts, the remaining tract will then be sold. At no time will the tracts be offered in any type of combination. Each sale will be final.
- Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due at closing in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, December 2, 2019. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2019 real estate taxes will be paid by the seller. Full possession on both tracts will be given at the time of closing. There are no tillable or hunting leases associated with the property.
- All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Mr. & Mrs. Joe Hills • Sellers
Representing Attorney: John B. Leonard, 132 E Main St, Mt Sterling, IL 62353, Phone: (217) 773-3814
Hills Hunting Land Auction
Questions about this auction? Phone 217.847.2160 or email our office at [email protected].