The Kirby Farm Auction
Location: Virtual, Online Only, IA
The Kirby Farm is located in Section 34, Udell Township, Appanoose County, Iowa, just east of the small village of Unionville, Iowa (15 miles northeast of Centerville, Iowa). From the Junction of T61 & J3T in the village of Unionville, Iowa, go east to Selix Drive and then go north 1/2 mile to Tract 2 or continue east on J3T to Tract 1. Be watching for pre-sale directional signs.
This listing posted on 9-11-2020, for more photos and updates CLICK HERE.
Tract 1 – 81 Acres± (subject to survey)
- This tract is predominantly wooded and features an open creek bottom, mature timber and is improved with a newer constructed pond. This tract also has excellent hunting for turkey and whitetail deer.
- Access is on the south by Hwy. J3T.
Tract 2 – 123 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information should indicate 42.44 acres tillable currently in hay production.
- This tract joins Stevens State Forest and holds an abundant amount of wildlife including whitetail deer and wild turkey.
- Access is from the west by Selix Drive.
Method & Terms
- The Kirby Farm will be sold in two (2) individual tracts based on a survey that is currently in progress, with the said surveyed acres being used to constitute the final settlement price. Both tracts will be sold through the marketing method of “buyer’s choice’, whereas the high bidder can take either or both tracts for their high bid. Buyer’s choice auctioning will continue until both tracts have been sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is not contingent upon financing.
- Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Friday, October 30, 2020 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession on both tracts will be given at the time of closing. This farm sells free of any hunting leases.
- All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
The Kirby Farm
Richard Kirby & Linda Wood – Sellers
Representing Attorney: Rick Lynch • Lynch Law Office, 207 S Washington St, Bloomfield, IA 52537; Phone: (641) 664-3188
The Kirby Farm Auction
For more information, call:
Auction Manager: John Probasco (641) 856-7355
Questions about this auction? Phone 217.847.2160 or email our office at [email protected].