Abernathy Real Estate Auction
Location: Virtual, Online Only, IL
The Abernathy farm is ideally located approximately 30 minutes south of Keokuk, Iowa / Hamilton, Illinois and approximately 30 minutes north of Quincy, Illinois, just west of Hwy. 96. The farm is further described as being located in the north half of Section 13 of Rocky Run Township, Hancock County, Illinois. The farm lies on the north side of Cty. Blacktop 380N.
This listing posted on 9-23-2020, for more photos and updates CLICK HERE.
- Make plans to check out this country home, which is situated on 20± acres. The farm will be sold in 1 tract, which includes a 2 story, 4 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath home with newer detached 2 car garage along with some nice small outbuildings. This farm has nearly 14 acres of income producing tillable land with the balance acres being wooded and offering wildlife habitat / recreational value.
- The home has had nice upgrades in recent years including all new floor coverings on both levels. New bathroom, new kitchen cupboards, kitchen island, new interior paint and more. The home has a large wrap around deck that is shaded most of the day. The home has propane heat, central AC and Dallas Rural Water. Please note: Most of the late model major appliances will be included with the sale. As stated above the home is located on a hard surface road.
The home is occupied. No one is allowed on the farm or around the home without first contacting Sullivan Auctioneers. Thank you and we look forward to showing you this property.
Method & Terms
- The Abernathy Farm will be sold in 1 individual tract. The farm will be sold for a LUMP SUM, or total dollar amount and not on a price per acre basis. The farm will be sold by way of a virtual online only auction. There will be no internet buyer fees. Potential bidders can register at www.sullivanauctioneers.com.
- Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due at closing in approximately 45 days, on or before Wednesday, November 18, 2020. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2020 real estate taxes, due in 2021 will be paid by the seller as the seller will retain the 2020 crop income. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject only to the remainder of the 2020 farm tenancy. The farm sells free and clear for the 2021 crop year.
- All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Ellen Abernathy – Seller
Representing Attorney: Thomas F. Hartzell, Tucker, Hartzell & Bryant, 608 Wabash Ave., Carthage IL 62321; (217) 357-3121
Abernathy Real Estate Auction
For more information, call:
Sullivan Auctioneers at (217) 847-2160.
Questions about this auction? Phone 217.847.2160 or email our office at [email protected].