Location: Virtual, Online Only, MO
The Stevens Farm is located in Section 6, Douglas Township, Appanoose County, Iowa. From the Intersection of State Highways 2 and 5 in the city of Centerville IA, go north on Highway 5 for approximately 4 ┬ż miles to the farm.
This listing posted on 10-21-2020, for more photos and updates CLICK HERE.
Open House: Thursday, October 22nd from 5:00 – 6:00 P.M.
Tract 1 – 99 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information indicates 68.71 tillable, currently in hay production. The balance of this parcel is in timber draws and pasture.
- This tract also has a nice pond.
- Soils include; Kennebec-Amana, Mystic, and Armstrong.
- CSR2 is 54.6
- Access is on the east by St. Hwy. 5 and on the south by 465th Street.
Tract 2 – 60 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information indicates 24.32 acres tillable, currently in hay production and open pasture.
- Soils include; Pershing, Colo, and Mystic.
- CSR2 is 57.6.
- Access is from the east by 229th Avenue.
Tract 3 – 8 Acres± (subject to survey)
- This tract features a 3 bedroom home that offers 1,144 sq. ft. of living area. There is 1 full bath, a full basement and Rathbun Rural Water is located on the property.
- FSA figures should indicate 9.58 tillable.
- Other features include a small pond and a livestock building.
- Access is from the east via 229th Avenue.
Method & Terms
- The Stevens Farms will be sold in three (3) individual tracts based on a survey that is currently in progress, with the said surveyed acres being used to constitute the final settlement price. Tracts 1 & 2 will be sold through the marketing method of “buyer’s choice’, whereas the high bidder can take either or both tracts for their high bid. Buyer’s choice auctioning will continue until both tracts have been sold. Tract 3 will be sold last for a lump sum, total dollar amount. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is not contingent upon financing.
- Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Friday, December 4, 2020 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession on Tracts 1 & 2 will be given at the time of closing subject to a farm lease for the 2020 crop year. Tracts 2 & 3 sell with full farming rights for the 2021 crop year. Full possession will be given at the time of closing on Tract 3.
- All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
The Stevens Farm
Helen Stevens – Seller
Representing Attorney: Rick Lynch • Lynch Law Office, 207 S Washington St, Bloomfield, IA 52537, Phone: (641) 664-3188
For more information, call:
John Probasco (641) 856-7355
Questions about this auction? Phone 217.847.2160 or email our office at [email protected].