Shirley Wittland Trust Auction
Location: Virtual, Online Only, IL
The Wittland farm and home are ideally located approximately 4 miles south of Quincy, IL on Hwy. 57. The land is further described as being located in Section 6 of Fall Creek East Part Township & in Sections 1 & 12, Fall Creek West Part Township, Adams County, IL.
This listing posted on 10-28-2020, for more photos and updates CLICK HERE.
Open House: Monday, November 2nd • 4:00 – 6:00 P.M.
Tract 1 – 62 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- FSA figures indicate 61.51 acres of NHEL cropland.
- Soil Types: Raveenwash, Blake-Slacwater & Wakeland
- Productivity Index: 108.9
- Check out this 100% tillable tract of farmland!
- Access by way of an easement, which extends from N545th Pl.
Tract 2 – 70 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- FSA figures indicate 62.33 acres of NHEL cropland.
- Productive Soil Types: Blyton, Wirt & Wakeland
- Productivity Index: 123.8
- Productive tillable farm with the balance (at the north end) being trees and a meandering creek.
- Access by N545th Pl.
Tract 3 – 1 Acre± & Home (Subject to Survey)
- Check out this acreage with a “country-style atmosphere,” improved with a 2-story home. There are 3-bedrooms on the second level with a full bath. The lower level has a kitchen, dining room, living room, and a 1/2 bath. Other features include front & rear porches.
- The home has a natural gas furnace, as well as several major updates in ‘08 to include: New windows, vinyl siding & attractive green metal roof.
- Interested parties are encouraged to attend an Open House on Monday Eve., November 2nd from 4:00 – 6:00 P.M. (Please be respectful to everyone attending and wear face coverings.) Any parties that are not able to attend the Open House can contact the auction manager, John Borrowman, for a private showing.
Method & Terms
- The acres in this advertisement are estimated. A survey is in progress and will be completed prior to the auction. Final surveyed acres will be used to constitute the final settlement price. Tracts 1 & 2 will be sold on a price per acre basis and will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” whereas the high bidder can elect (in any order) either or both tracts for their high bid. Buyer’s Choice auctioning will continue until Tracts 1 & 2 have been sold. Tract 3 will sell for a “lump sum” total dollar amount. The tracts will NOT be offered in their entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
- Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing on or before Monday, December 28, 2020. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2020 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2021, will be paid by the seller. The 2021 real estate taxes & subsequent years will be paid by the buyer(s). Possession will be given at the time of closing subject only to the remainder of the 2020 crop tenancy. The farm sells free & clear for the 2021 crop year. There are no hunting leases associated with the property.
- All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors, or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Shirley Wittland Trust
Shirley Wittland – Trustee
Representing Attorney: Jeffrey L. Terry, Schmiedeskamp, Robertson, Neu & Mitchell LLP, 525 Jersey Street, Quincy, IL 62301; Phone: 217-223-3030
Shirley Wittland Trust Auction
For more information, call:
Auction Manager: John Borrowman (217) 430-0645
Questions about this auction? Phone 217.847.2160 or email our office at [email protected].