The Wagner Farm contains 251 Acres± (subject to survey) and will be sold in 5 tracts. The property is located approximately 6 miles southwest of Mt. Sterling, IL or approximately 2 miles southeast of the small town of Buckhorn, IL. From Mt. Sterling, IL take Hwy. 107 south approximately 4 miles to CR 525, then west on County Road 525N approximately 1 1/2 miles to farm (Mt. Sterling, IL is located approximately 40 miles east of Quincy, IL or approximately 40 miles northwest of Jacksonville, IL). The land is further described as being located in Section 1 of Buckhorn Township (T2S•R4W) and Section 6 of Elkhorn Township (T2S•R3W), Brown County, IL. The individual tracts represent predominantly tillable acres, hunting/wooded/recreational land, and parcels that offer new home sites. Public water is available to most tracts. Make plans to check out this Brown County, IL farm that is being sold for the Wagner family – this farm has been in the family for decades.
Location & General Information
Tract 1 • 25 Acres±
• Tract 1 is nearly all woods with 3 small fields that are currently in grass.
• FSA maps indicate 4.88 tillable acres.
• This tract offers excellent hunting & recreational opportunities as well as several secluded home or cabin building sites.
• Public road access is along the north side by County Road 600N.
Tract 2 • 65 Acres±
• FSA maps indicate 40.31 tillable acres.
• Soil types on the tillable acres include Rozetta, Atlas, Keomah & Hickory with a Crop Productivity Index (PI) of 102.1. (Soil maps available online).
• The balance of the acres on Tract 2 are wooded which offers excellent hunting & outdoor recreational opportunities.
• There are also several nice home building sites with rural public water available.
• Public road access is along the south side by County Road 550N which is a hard surface road.
Tract 3 • 20 Acres±
• Tract 3 is nearly all woods with excellent hunting & outdoor recreational opportunities.
• This parcel also offers tremendous home building sites with hard surface road frontage & rural public water available.
• FSA maps indicate 1.83 tillable acres.
• Public road access is located along the north side by County Road 550N.
Tract 4 • 101 Acres±
• FSA maps indicate 71.97 tillable acres.
• Soil types include Keomah & Rozetta with a PI of 110.7. (Soil maps available online).
• The balance of the acres are waterways & woods which offers hunting & outdoor recreational opportunities.
• Tract 4 has had extensive soil conservation work completed with terraces and dry dams.
• Public road access is located along the north side by County Road 550N & along the west side by County Road 550E.
Tract 5 • 40 Acres±
• FSA maps indicate approximately 18.95 tillable acres.
• Soil types on the tillable acres are Keomah & Rozetta with a PI of 110.3. (Soil maps available online).
• The balance of the acres are woods which offers excellent hunting & outdoor recreational opportunities.
• Public road access is along the south side by County Road 500N.
Method and Terms
All 5 tracts are currently being surveyed. Tracts 1 through 5 will be sold on a price per acre basis based on the surveyed acres. The tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice” whereas the high bidder can elect (in any order) any or all tracts for their high bid. Auctioning will continue until all tracts have been sold. The tracts will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations at the conclusion of the auction.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing on or before Monday, October 1, 2018. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2018 real estate taxes due and payable in 2019 will be paid by the seller, with the 2019 and all subsequent years being paid by the new buyer. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject to a farm tenancy for the 2018 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
1 items – Bring your items starting Monday, Feb. 18 through Friday, Feb. 22 from 8 AM – 5 PM. No consignments will be accepted on sale day. Loader tractor will be available on day of sale. Items will become Lions Club property if not removed within 30 days. All checks will be mailed within 2 weeks. Lunch will be served by the Loraine Lions Club. Not responsible for accidents, errors or omissions. Announcements sale day take