Visit www.sullivanauctioneers.com for additional information.
525 Acres± (subject to survey) • 5 Tracts
The Thomes Farm is located is Sections 19 & 30, Trenton Township, Henry County, IA 1½ miles northeast of Lockridge, IA. At the south edge of Lockridge, IA take U.S. Hwy. 34 east to Henry/Jefferson Ave. Turn left or north on Henry/Jefferson Ave. which continues north to Yale Ave. 2¼ miles to the farm. (Be watching for presale directional signs)
Tract 1 – 38 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information should indicate 25.54 acres tillable with the balance in wooded draws. This tract includes several nice home building sites.
- Soils include Nodaway-Cantril & Lindley-Keswick
- CSR2 is 53.9
- Access is on the west by Henry/Jefferson Ave. & on the north by 197th St.
Tract 2 – 20 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information should indicate 14.34 acres tillable.
- Nodaway-Cantril & Clinton soils
- CSR2 is 40.7
- This parcel offers multiple home building sites as well as a 1.5 acre stocked pond.
- Access is on the north by 197th St.
Tract 3 – 175 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information should indicate 161.01 acres tillable, including 90.12 acres in CRP with the balance in row crop and hay production.
- The CRP breakdown includes 2 acres at $219.14 per acre expiring in 2022, 26.47 acres at $236.40 per acre expiring in 2024, 39.64 acres at $202.55 per acre expiring in 2024 and 22.01 acres at $266.14 expiring in 2027.
- Richland, Colo & Clinton soils
- CSR2 is 71 (tillable acres)
- This tract also features a wooded draw and offers a small amount of Skunk River frontage.
- Access is on the west by Henry/Jefferson Ave.
Tract 4 – 272 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information should indicate 107.16 acres tillable, including 35 acres in CRP.
- The CRP breakdown includes 2.67 acres at $219.14 per acre expiring in 2020 and 32.33 acres at $202.55 per acre expiring in 2024.
- Soils include Clinton, Lawson & Klum-Perks-Nodaway
- CSR2 is 47.4 (tillable acres)
- The balance of this tract offers some of most desirable recreational acreage to be found anywhere in this area and it features a large amount of Skunk River frontage. There are high signs of all species of wildlife including whitetail deer and wild turkey. If you are a hunter or an avid outdoorsman, we urge you to take a look at this tract!
- Access is on the Northwest by Henry/Jefferson Ave.
Tract 5 – 20 Acres± (subject to survey)
- This parcel includes a 1 story, 3 bedroom home that was built in 1956 and is improved with a nice 40’ x 60’ hay/livestock barn, with a 14’ x 20’ addition that was built in 2016. This structure includes several good livestock sorting pens that feature a concrete floor and plenty of open pen space outside. There is a recently constructed wood corn/oat bin as well as several horse stalls inside the barn.
- If you are a horse or livestock person, this may be the one for you!
- Access is on the west by Henry/Jefferson Ave.
METHOD & TERMS
Acreages in this advertisement are estimated. A survey will be completed prior to the auction on all 5 Tracts. Tracts 1 – 4 will be sold on a price per acre basis, based on the acreages obtained from completed survey. Tracts 1 – 4 will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” whereas the high bidder can purchase (in any order) any tracts for their high bid. Buyer’s Choice auctioning will continue until all 4 tracts have been sold. Tract 5 will be sold for a “Lump Sum” total dollar amount. The property will NOT be offered in its entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Closing on Tracts 1 – 4 is scheduled to be in approximately 30 days, on or before Tuesday, September 4, 2018. Closing on Tract 5 will be in approximately 60 days. on or before Monday, October 1, 2018. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the sellers. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession will be given at the time of closing, subject to a farm lease for the 2018 crop year on Tracts 1 – 4. Possession on Tract 5 will be given at the time of closing.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate, however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Auctioneers Note: Make plans now for this large Henry County, Iowa land & personal property auction for the late Dennis Thomes. This farm offers tillable farmland, CRP, income, excellent recreational acreage and a country acreage. Day 2 features something for everyone with farm equipment, livestock equipment, tools & much more! Please note the 2 different days and times. We will sell the land at the Lockridge School Banquet Room, Lockridge, IA on Wed., Aug. 1st at 5:00 P.M. We will sell the personal property on Day 2 at 9:00 A.M. sharp at the farm. This will be a multi-ring auction so come prepared with an extra bidder. Auction personnel and loaders will be available sale day only, please bring your trailers. Lunch available. Not responsible for accidents, errors or omissions. Announcements sale day take precedence.
The Dennis E. Thomes Estate
Teresa Hanshaw & Lewis Thomes • Co-Executors
Whitfield & Eddy Law
110 N Jefferson St # 101, Mt Pleasant, IA 52641
Phone: (319) 385-9522
For additional information contact auction managers: Jim Huff (319) 931-9292 or Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4320